Mitsubishi Electric in Malaysia
Mitsubishi Electric Sales Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Establishment of Impex Sdn Bhd in Malaysia to sell Mitsubishi Electric Home Appliances products.
- Change of name to Antah Trading Sdn Bhd.
- Change of name to Antah Melco Trading Sdn Bhd.
- Change of name to Antah Melco Sales & Services Sdn Bhd.
- Change of name to Melco Sales Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- Sales achieves 100 million in Malaysia. Change of name to Mitsubishi Electric Sales Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
Mitsubishi Elevator Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- A joint-venture Company, The China Engineers - Ryoden (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. was established to sell lifts and escalators made by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation of Japan.
- The China Engineers withdrew from the joint-venture & the Company assumed the name of Ryoden (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Achieved record new sales booking for lifts and escalators with a total of 1200 units valued at RM300 Million.
- Completed the installation of Mitsubishi Terminal Doppler Weather Radar (TDWR) for KL International Airport.
- Completed the installation of 47 lifts, 66 escalators and 1 dumbwaiter for the Light Rail transit (LRT) System II project.
- Achieved the ISO 9002 certification on 11th August 2000.
- Achieved the OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems certification on 12th July 2002.
- Winner of the Practice Solution Award in the Multinational Company category in the NAfMA 2004 competition.
- Upgraded to ISO9001:2008(for quality) and OHSAS18001:2007(for occupational Health and Safety).
- On 2nd April the Company changed to its present name, Mitsubishi Elevator Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Mitsubishi Electric (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Incorporated and establishment of temporary factory in Johor Bahru as a satellite factory of MEMS in Singapore.
- Commencement of VCR & Display monitor assembly lines (1st factory).
- Completion of 2nd factory.
- Commencement of car audio production.
- Acquisition of ISO 9002.
- Acquisition of ISO 14001.
- Start of consumer printer production.
- Start of professional printer production.
- Start of IGUI pcb production.
- Commencement of Ventilation fan production.