5 Tips to Buy an Air Conditioner
5 Tips to Buy an Air Conditioner
Air conditioner: It keeps you cool, calm, and collected. Choosing the right air conditioner that suits your needs can be a challenge whether you’re moving into a new apartment that doesn’t have one installed or your old one broke. That’s why you need to figure out what your needs are, and we’re here to help. Discover five useful tips on how to choose the right AC unit.
2 Classic Types of Air Conditioner in Malaysia
A single, self-contained unit that sticks on the wall. Ideal for cooling a room or any confined space. Provides cool air by draining heat and humidity from the room to the outside.
A big unit that stays in the ceiling. Suitable for large rooms such as office buildings, retail space, and server rooms. Distributes cold air through up to four sides of the unit depending on the type.
Do You Need an Inverter or Non-inverter Unit for Your Room?
An inverter unit is ideal if you intend to use your air conditioner regularly in an enclosed environment, like your bedroom. Consider getting a unit if you often wake up in the middle of the night because it’s too cold. An inverter air conditioner is versatile for its ability to slow down or speed up to provide better temperature control.
A non-inverter unit turns off entirely after reaching the desired temperature, and turns on again when it’s warm. You can usually hear a noise from the frequent start-stop operation. A non-inverter air conditioner is fixed on the speed and power, which can cause unnecessary energy consumption and a high electricity bill.
5 Basic Shopping Tips You Need to Look Out For
1. British Thermal Units (BTU). Appears on the specification of an air conditioner. Measures the amount of heat an AC can remove. Determines the cooling capacity/power of an air conditioner according to the British thermal units per hour (Btu/hr). Multiply the area (length and width) of your room by 10 and add 4,000 to select the ideal BTU that allows your air conditioner to cool your room.
2. Energy star rating. The Stars on the Energy Rating Label indicates energy efficiency of an AC on a scale of 1 to 5. Having a 5-Star rating suggests that Mitsubishi Electric’s air conditioners save energy, money, and the environment.
3. Energy-efficiency ratio (EER). Determines the efficiency of an air conditioner by measuring the ratio of cooling output divided by power consumption. Higher EER proves higher efficiency.
4. Moisture removal. Removes unwanted humidity from the room. Ask an air conditioner technician or expert about the rate of water removal (in litres per hour) to suggest the right AC for your situation. He or she will make sense of the climate, moisture sources, and cooling loads.
5. Noise control. You don’t want to stay awake all night because the AC in your room is whirring. Pick one with a low noise level, preferably within 50 decibels (dB). Even better, if the AC has a sleep mode. You will enjoy a good night’s sleep, and so will your neighbours.
Find the Nearest Branch
Keep calm, cool, and collected. If you want an air conditioner that is reliable, durable, and quality – buy one that won’t go kaput soon. Take advantage of our friendly customer service that will guide you every step of the way. Visit our nearest branch or talk to us face to face today!